Friday, January 4, 2008

Chris Barnes May Have Eaten A Demon




This post is going to be very characteristic of this blog in that I had no intention of writing about this and no one really cares, but I had my I-tunes on random and a song by Six Feet Under came on. For those of who who don't know, SFU is a Florida based death metal band who have been around for quite awhile. To me they are like a death metal AC/DC. Nothing mind-blowing, nothing innovative, but just solid, solid stuff that never fails to please. Their singer is Chris Barnes, who first gained notoriety as the singer for Cannibal Corpse, another Florida based death metal band who happen to be perhaps the greatest dm band ever. Anyway, Chris Barnes is one of the best examples of the "cookie-monster" style vocalists that every non-metal fan abhors. He has always been good at it, but now at 40 years old, I think he may have the most ridiculous and kick-ass dm growl in the world. For the life of me, I can't even begin to imagine how this sound comes from a human. He sounds like he is vomitting bloody gravel. He sounds like a goblin, or a monster that eats goblins, or a demon that eats monsters that eat goblins. I fuckin' dig it. Keep it up Mr. Barnes and please don't devour me.


Here's an mp3 from their latest record, Commandment:
Here you can buy a bobble head of Chris Barnes. Fuck Yeah.

No comments: